Monday, 6 November 2017

Portrait research


First post of my blog



I will start by talking about my ideas for the "Portrait" project. 

I got the inspiration for my main idea by looking at a photography book in the library. It's called "East End Fashionistas" by the photographer Anthony Webb. 

                                        Image result for east end fashionistas book

It contains pictures of self- fashioned people that likes to dress in a different way from usual and that are living in the creative East End area in London. 

              Image result for east end fashionistas book            Image result for east end fashionistas book

Image result for east end fashionistas book

What I liked of it is the idea of taking portraits of people that are creative, alternative or just different from the mainstream, in their personal environment, with a street style photography.

Related image



What I would like to do in a different way from Webb, is creating a more natural and less staged atmosphere and giving more importance to their everyday lifestyle and way of dressing. Because in many of Webb's pictures seems like the subjects dressed up just for the picture. And then I would like to show much more background (not just the wall or door behind them) like a part of a street in the area where they live.    

Apart from making this street fashion book, Stephen Webb is most a commercial photographer, working for Transport for London, The Guardian, EMI music and numerous hotels, restaurants, magazines and publishing houses. 
He is based in London. 
             

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home